Lilypie Second Birthday tickers>
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

150!!

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

According to Mommy's doctor, Dr. Wilson, that's what my heart rate was last Friday. Both Mommy and Daddy were there and were very excited to hear my heart beating strong. Daddy, especially, was relieved to hear it. Mommy knew things were okay because she feels me kicking all the time, but it's harder for Daddy 'cause he can't feel my kicks very well still.

Speaking of kicking, that wand Dr. Wilson pushed at me was annoying ... so I kicked it. This sent Mommy into a giggling fit and it took her a couple minutes to calm down. Daddy kinda instigated more giggling though! =D

Dr. Wilson joked about two heartbeats, especially since with her doppler she probably wouldn't be able to distinguish between two different beats. She *thinks* she found my umbilical cord because the sound from that was echoing. But no one knows except me if there's another Baby Ohz swimming next to me! ((Though Mommy thinks she'd be a lot bigger if there were two of us in here!!))

When Mommy and Daddy got home, Mommy looked up the old wives' tale about heart rate predicting gender. A heart rate of 150 would make me a girl. Mommy decided to do a little more 'gender prediction' tests to see what they said. The Chinese gender predictor says I'll be a boy. Two other 'tests' Mommy took said I'll be a girl as well. When Daddy gets home, Mommy wants to try the ring tied to a string method!

I've had Mommy add a new poll to see if you can guess if I'm a boy or girl. You'll get to find out in three more months!! =D

1 comments:

hollyli said...

That's great that you got to hear the hb! The chinese chart said boy for me... and I got a girl. Amelia's hb ranged from the 140s to 150s... so go figure... and twins!?! Oh my!