Lilypie Second Birthday tickers>
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Two Month Well Visit

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Well, I went to see Dr. Pease yesterday ... and boy was that a rough doctor's visit.

It started out really well. Mommy and Daddy stripped me down and we went to check my weight, height, and head circumference. I weigh 12 lbs 6 oz, I've grown to 24 inches, and my big pumpkin head is 42.5 cm round. I'm in the 7oth percentile for weight and the 90th for height and head circumference. Mommy and Daddy definitely agree that "pumpkinhead" was a good nickname! =D

After that, Dr. Pease came in and checked me out. She was very impressed with how big I've gotten and she says I'm doing great! She gave Mommy and Daddy a lot of good answers for some questions they had, then she left and sent the nurse in to do her "dirtywork." This is the part I didn't like at all ... I got my first set of shots!!

The nurse gave me some Tylenol first, then I drank an oral vaccine for rotovirus. Then she stuck three needles in my legs ... two in my left and one in my right. It hurt a lot!! And I cried as loudly as I could. But once it was all over, Daddy picked me up and snuggled me. I cried for a little while longer, then Mommy fed me and I started feeling better. So I took a nap on the way home and slept for a while afterwards.

It was quite the day ... and I'm glad I don't have to do that again!! ...At least until May...

1 comments:

Mommy Peachee said...

Poor baby! Shots are the pits.